Fluid and Gas Analysis
APM FGA is computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software that allows to solve wide range of engineering problems:
- hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for various purposes, automatic control systems in which liquid or gas act as working medium;
- heating, cooling and ventilation systems;
- objects which are affected by wind flows.
Potential flow analysis allows you to calculate the pressure and velocity fields of ideal flows (incompressible, isothermal, inviscid).
Seepage flow analysis allows to calculate the pressure and velocity fields of flows through an orthotropic porous media e.g., water flow through soil.
Navier-Stokes flow analysis — numerical simulation of turbulent fluid flow.
User guides are presented as separate documents for each APM FGA module:
- APM FGA — module for simulation of liquid and gas mechanics;
- APM Structure3D — module for calculating the stress-strain state, buckling, natural and forced oscillations of parts and structures by the finite element method;
- APM Studio — pre- and post-processor for creating models for strength (finite-element) analysis with the ability to import STEP files.
Potential Flow Analysis
used to calculate pressure and velocity fields of ideal fluid flow
Seepage Flow Analysis
used to calculate pressure and velocity fields through an orthotropic porous media for steady-state and transient problems
Navier-Stokes Flow Analysis
used to calculate the fields of kinematic, dynamic, thermal, energy characteristics of internal / external near incompressible flows in steady-state laminar / turbulent isothermal / thermal problems