APM WinMachine 13
New Features and FUNCTIONALiTY
APM Structure 3D
Strength and dynamic analysis of structures, parts and assemblies by finite element method
1. A context menu (by pressing the right mouse button) is now available by the work with all graphic elements of structures (nodes, bars, plates, solids, elastic links etc.) It contains often used commands for the considered object. The present possibility can significantly speed up a model creation.
2. “Sections” and “Sections Library” dialogs are modified to make them more friendly.
3. A color display of the maximum/minimum values is added in “Reactions in Support" dialogs well as possibility of sorting of the table records according to increase/decrease in any column by pressing left mouse button. Saving of data in a clipboard and the *.csv format file (the file with dividers "semicolon") is also realized.
4. “Eigen Frequencies” dialog is made resizable and a customer can now save table data in a clipboard and the *.csv format file by context menu
5. Extended functionality for nodes creation
6. Extended functionality for rod splitting. There is an option of automatic attachment with existing intermediate nodes.
7. Extended functionality for plate meshing. Now it is possible to make it, specifying the required element size.
8. Color map is added for "pressure" like load upon solid elements.
9. New panels are added: «Objects» and «Properties». They provide the quick access and convenient editing for thermal and electromagnetic loads. Besides it allows to add, delete and edit the following objects: materials, user systems coordinates, table and function. After carrying out non-stationary thermal calculation and any electromagnetic calculation it provides a fast and convenient way of result maps control and animation viewing.
10. The mechanism of pictures creation for automatic report generation is updated, and also the form of some data tables is changed.
11. Alternative result map is built in permitting cutting result maps by plane.
1. New type of finite elements PIPE is implemented to model pipe lines (linear pipe, tee pipe and elbow pipe).
2. Geometrically nonlinear solver for rod elements is improved. Now the convergence is reached by rotation angles more than 60 degrees.
3. BATCH Structure3D is returned. This module can provide package launch of APM Structure3D for consecutive calculation of group of several customer files.
4. The dependence of material properties upon temperature is added namely Young’s modulus, density, and thermal expansion coefficient. The accounting of these effects is realized in nonlinear analysis (physical nonlinearity) as well as in non-stationary thermal calculation.
5. Drucker—Prager model of material nonlinearity is implemented for solid elements.
6. In the current version calculation of residual strain/stresses (after modeling of "unloading") is possible (according to the theory of a flow) in physical nonlinear analysis.
7. Two new calculation methods for calculation of eigen frequencies are added: "Subspace Iterations (Sparse) without orthogonalization" and "Lanczos". These methods provide a higher calculation speed in comparison with 12 version.
1. layer-by-layer output of stress and deformations is realized (the previous version showed values only for the top, bottom and average surface of element);
2. It is possible to cut the shell element section at an element node by stress or strain values in the direction of laying or local coordinate system.
Pre-and-postprocessor of 3D solid and shell models for finite element analysis
1. Eigen frequencies calculation is now available for 10-noded tetrahedrons.
2. New methods of eigen frequencies calculation are added: "Subspace Iterations (Sparse) without orthogonalization" and "Lanczos". These methods provide a higher calculation speed in comparison with 12 version.
3. The cuttings mode of results map is built in for eigen frequencies results.
4. New restraint type is added: «Restraint in normal to surface direction. This option is actual for calculation of rotation bodies.
5. Predefined views (Front, Rear, Up, Down, etc.) buttons are added.
Some input parameters ranges of engineering analysis modules (APM Trans, APM Spring, APM Joint) were expanded to use instrument-making industry.